D.Sc. (Habilitation) in Chemical Sciences, 2015 – Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
Ph.D. in Catalysis and Materials Science, 2004 – Warsaw University of Technology (WUT), Poland
M.Sc. in Catalysis and Organic Technology, 1997 – WUT, Poland
Chem.Eng. 1995 – WUT, Poland
ADDITIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- 2013, July Visiting researcher at the University of Cordoba (UCO, Spain), research group “Sustainable Organic Chemistry”.
- 2012, July-August Visiting Professor at the Center for Electron Microscope and Microanalysis, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA.
- 2010, August Certificate in Science Communication I and II, organized by European Commission FP7 in collaboration with ESConet.
- 2006-2009 Postdoctoral Research Associate (Staff), Loker Hydrocarbon Research Institute, University of Southern California, Los Angeles (USA). Mentors: Distinguished Professor George A. Olah (Nobel Prize in Chemistry, 1994) and Professor G.K. Surya Prakash. Additional training (certificates) in: Project Management, Supervision and Human Resource Management from the University of Southern California (USA).
- 2005-2006 Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Organic Chemistry, University of Córdoba (Spain). Mentor: Professor José M. Marinas Rubio.
- 2004 Professor-Researcher, director of the engineer’s thesis, participating in the Committee of the Thesis, Chemical Engineering Department, University of América, Bogotá (Colombia).
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND NETWORKING
CURRENT RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
Materials Science and Engineering: synthesis-characterization-applications of sono- and photo-catalysts,
Ultrasound and Microwave methods for nanomaterials synthesis and water purification,
Heterogeneous Photocatalysis in: Green Chemistry, Organic Synthesis, H2 Production,
Sono- and Photo-Catalytic conversion of Lignocellulosic Biomass into Platform Chemicals,
CO2 utilization/valorization: Dry reforming and artificial photosynthesis,
Green (Bio)Fuels and their catalytic combustion,
Catalysis in the Petrochemical Industry,
Mechanisms of (super)acid-(super)base catalysis,
Green Synthesis of Fine Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals by Thermo-, Sono- and Photo-Catalysis.
DOWNLOAD cv_prof_dr_juan_carlos_colmenares.pdf short_bio_juan_carlos_colmenares.pdf